Your Cheeto Satan Update delivered as efficiently as possible to keep you from going insane!
- Trump plans to deport as many as 3 million criminal undocumented immigrants as soon as possible. After that, the focus will be on securing the border, then dealing with the remaining undocumented immigrants. (Slate)
- In response to Harry Reid’s calling Trump a “sexual predator”, KellyAnne Conway said on Fox News Sunday that his comments were “beyond the pale” and warned him to be careful “in a legal sense”. (Darcy)
- Conservative radio host Laura Ingraham is the top contender for White House press secretary. (The Hill)
- Trump will likely only live at the White House part-time, going back to Trump Tower, his golf course in Bedminster, N.J., or his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach on weekends. (NYT)
- Trump’s attorney asked for a delay in his Trump University fraud case, citing his extremely busy schedule preparing to be president. (USA Today)
- There have been over 200 complaints of hate crimes since the election, possibly worse than immediately after 9/11.
“Since the election, we’ve seen a big uptick in incidents of vandalism, threats, intimidation spurred by the rhetoric surrounding Mr. Trump’s election,” Richard Cohen, president of the Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery, Ala., told USA TODAY. “The white supremacists out there are celebrating his victory and many are feeling their oats,” Cohen said.
- A Million Woman March is being organized for the weekend of Trump’s inauguration. The event will take place on Saturday, the day after he is sworn in, and participants will march from the Lincoln Memorial to the White House. Interested people can find more information on Facebook. Links provided in article. (Elle)
- Kellyanne Conway called on President Obama and Hillary Clinton to calm the anti-Trump protesters.
- Donald Trump named RNC head Reince Priebus his chief of staff, putting the GOP establishment figure in a key White House post. (WaPo)
- Steve Bannon becomes “Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor.” This is an unaccountable and unchecked position with quite a bit of power. (Howe)
- The President-Elect spent his Sunday morning making an ass of himself on Twitter. One of his tweets was called out quickly by the New York Times as a blatant lie.
- Trump appeared on Sixty Minutes where he clarified some of his ever-changing positions. He is fine with gay marriage; it has been decided by SCOTUS. But he plans to overturn Roe v Wade. He still plans to build a wall, although there may be portions of fence. He is saddened by the violence incited by his supporters and told them to stop. He will keep pre-existing conditions and allow older children on healthcare. (CBS)